Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rosemary Wren: 7 months

RM today.  She has a bad cold but you would never know it because she just keeps smiling.  RM thinks that balls are hilarious- giggles every time someone throws one when she is around!
It is hard to believe RM is 7 months old.  In many ways it seems like she was just born but in more ways it seems like she has been a part of our family for a long time.  It is hard to believe how someone so tiny at first comes into your your home and has such a big place in our hearts.

With our first two babies, I noticed that Cora and Allen revealed their personalities in the hospital- Cora, so alert, eyes wide open, taking everything in and processing it, eager to connect with us emotionally but more sensitive to the world around her.  Allen was so zen and calm we called him "Yoda" as well as "Benjamin Button" because of him looking a wee bit like an old man.  He just wanted to be pressed against you and snuggle and barely cried at all the first few weeks of his life... taking his sweet time in life to enjoy it!  I didn't realize how much you could see their little personalities until I looked back months later, but by the time RM came I was aware at how quickly their individuality is revealed.

Our first impressions of Rosemary were that she has a real brightness about her.  After our first few days together I could just see a little light in her that was always sunny and warm.  She just seems to contribute positive energy to the world around her and is eager to connect with just about anybody as long as I am around.  She smiled early and often and loves to be playful and cuddle.  She is an easy baby for the most part, although she always wants to be held in her sling whenever we are out and about (I have nicknamed us Kanga and Roo) and so she is not a big fan of the carseat or stroller.


She is a good eater and loves to nurse for nutrition and comfort as well.  I let her take her time because I know this is the last baby with whom I will get to form this special bond.  It truly seems like a miracle that I am able to sustain a thriving baby with only my body!! One thing I have learned as a parent is that sometimes what seems to be the most common, mundane things are really the greatest of God's miracles- pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, every milestone RM makes, seeing our loves the Bigs interact with her and already forming a close bond. 

We started solids and her favorite food by far is my Mom's split pea soup (which is my favorite as well!), stuffing and gravy and beef stew. She turns her little nose up at anything sweet which has surprised me but I guess she is just a savory girl like me.  She sat up at 6.5 months and is just beginning to wave hi now and is thinking about crawling.  Her favorite things to do are ride in the pink sling like Kanga and Roo :-), take baths, sit on a blanket in the back yard and when Daddy and Poppy make her fly.  She also is very cuddly and loves it when Cora and Allen hold her and play with her.  It is amazing to see her face light up when Allen and Cora get in the car during carpool- she already adores them and somehow knows they are also part of the "baby nation". 

Here are a few of my favorite pics so far:























No comments:

Post a Comment